Level 2 Electrical
Level 2 Electrical Wollongong and Nowra
Connecting The Illawarra For 20 Years
D.Frame Electrical is a Level 2 authorised service provider for both Essential Energy, Ausgrid and Endeavour Energy areas.
Having been authorised since 2001, D.Frame electrical is the number one Level 2 Electrical services provider in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven.
CERTIFIED TO ENSURE ONLY THE BEST
Level 2 Electrical Services
- Category 1: Disconnection and re-connection including Point of Attachment brackets and installation of U.V protective sheathing.
- Category 2: Underground connections to the supply authority network.
- Category 3: Overhead connections to the supply authority network.
- Category 4: Metering and energising.
We can submit all required documentation and load assessments on the behalf of our customer to the appropriate supply authority for all new connections, and upgrades of existing services.
Packages including the appropriate load applications, supply and installation of main switchboards, service mains and metering equipment are available upon request.
We also provide 3-Phase Incoming Supply, Overhead or Underground.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TODAY
LEVEL 2 ELECTRICAL FAQS
WHAT IS A LEVEL 2 ELECTRICIAN?
A Level 2 Electrician (or AUP) is the authorised person who links the street power to your meter box. This is also known as extending the network or the integration between the network and the customer/consumer, and subsequently energises your switchboard and home (this side is known as the consumer side).
WHAT IS AN ASP?
An ASP is an Accredited Service Provider. This refers to the entity or individual made known to NSW Trades and Investments who is qualified, insured and able to undertake this work. Prior to the Electricity Supply Act 1995, network operators and owners were the only bodies able to provide this service. The act gives electricity consumers the right to choose who carries out this work.
Furthermore authorisation also needs to be granted to the individual known as the AUP (the authorised person) from the supply authority eg. Ausgrid (formerly known as Energy Australia), Endeavour Energy (formerly known as Integral Energy), or Country Energy, depending on your location.
Level 2 electrical work is also known as contestable work or service work, and you need to be a qualified, licenced electrician before you can obtain a level 2 licence. Only about 14% of electricians are qualified to provide level 2 services. Subsequently, our client base also comprises electricians requiring the integration of the supply to the consumer’s side as well as the general public.
WHAT IS LEVEL 2 ELECTRICAL OR SERVICE WORK?
Level 2 Electrical Work is a field that lies within the electrical industry and specialises in the network or supply side of the electrical installation. The supply side relates to the electricity service available from the network infrastructure, which is also known as the electricity grid (the street power or power grid). D.Frame Electrical are the Illawarra’s most trusted Level 2 Accredited Service Provider, having been accredited since 2003.
WHEN DO I NEED A LEVEL 2 ASP?
You will require a Level 2 electrician to carry out level 2 service works for such things as:
- Upgrading to three phase power
- Upgrading your service where you require more power from the electricity grid
- Metering services such as off peak metering, solar metering and time of use metering (TOU metering)
- New connections when you build a new house
- Temporary Builders Service for when you are in the construction phase TBS
- Disconnection for when you are knocking down a house
- Switchboard upgrades
- Switchboard relocations
- Consumers mains upgrades and repairs
- Point of Attachment bracket replacement and relocation
- Phase repairs, service fuse repairs, separating supplies for granny flats etc,
- Merging supplies